With Donald J. Trump today having been officially elevated to our nation’s highest office by a group of loyal, patriotic, “party-over-country” electors, America’s future looks bright again.
After eight years of enduring the failed presidency of Barack Hussein Obama, Americans are hungry for a change. And with Trump now set to become our nation’s 45th president on January 20, 2017, true Americans will finally get their country back.
The voters who picked our new “outside-the-beltway” president, over the loathsome, hopelessly experienced Hillary Clinton, sent a clear message to the Democrat Party on November 8th. They had had enough of a president who, in eight years, failed to get U.S. troops involved in a new war. Certainly Obama had his chances, they point out. Plus voters have never forgiven Obama for ending a perfectly good war in Iraq in 2011.
When Hillary Clinton promised voters she would continue, and build on, the policies of the Obama Administration, she effectively made herself unelectable. Voters did not want to add to the Obama disasters they’ve had to suffer through over the last eight years:
1. Jumpstarting the economy during the worst recession since the Great Depression.
2. Passing the Dodd-Frank Act, which holds Wall Street accountable in the event of another financial crisis.
3. Saving the American auto industry.
4. Passing the Affordable Care Act that now insures 32 million previously uninsured Americans.
5. Overseeing a stock market that has nearly tripled in value.
6. Creating over 15 million new jobs.
7. Reversing Bush’s torture policies.
8. Authorizing the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.
9. Leading the fight on climate change.
10.Signing a landmark nuclear deal with Iran.
No sir, Donald Trump has promised to reverse all of Obama’s disastrous polices as soon as he takes office.
Trump, the billionaire celebrity and entrepreneur, has promised to bring back millions of jobs that have left the U.S. He will not, however, be bringing those overseas jobs that produce his many products as they never were made in the U.S. to start with.
As Trump has promised the American people, they will start winning again … so much so they will be sick and tired of winning.
For many giddily anxious Americans, the Trump presidency cannot start soon enough.
USA! … USA! … USA!
Photo | REUTERS/Carlo Allegri