As we come to the end of 2017, it is time to pick Donald Trump’s top 10 “accomplishments” during his first year in office. While the list of his many presidential firsts is quite extensive, even bordering on the most unprecedented in American history, here are the ones that made the cut:
- U.S. no longer seen as the leader of the free world
- Has given aid and comfort to white supremacists, KKK, racists, etc.
- Further divided an already divided country
- Helped engineer the largest tax heist on behalf of billionaires in U.S. history
- Has green-lighted Russians to keep meddling in our elections
- Installed the most unqualified group of Cabinet secretaries … ever
- Pardoned a sheriff who refused to obey a federal court order
- Undermined institutions such as the FBI, the judiciary and the free press
- Endorsed and defended a sexual predator for U.S. Senate
- Scored lowest approval rating of any modern president his first year in office
The hearts of Trump supporters must be swelling with pride over such an impressive list of “accomplishments.” Yet with such an amazing slate of achievements in only his first year, what can we expect in year two?
I’d like to speculate but I’m too afraid to go there!
But take heart as we enter the New Year. Many betting sites are listing the possibility of Trump leaving office by the end of next year, either through impeachment or resignation, at 50-50.
Photo | dailymail.co.uk