The Republican establishment does not think highly of Donald Trump or his rabid followers.
But say what you will about Trump supporters: they’re dumb, uninformed and misguided. I tend to think they are the opposite: smart, knowledgeable and clear-minded.
Here is a top ten list of what Donald Trump has promised (in his own words) or would bring to the table, if he were to become president of the United States:
- “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
- “I’m the most militaristic person ever.”
- “I will build a great wall . . . and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me.”
- “I would use the greatest minds. I know the best negotiators.”
- “I would hit [ISIS] so hard your head would spin.”
- “I’m rich, really really rich.”
- “My doctor has said, ‘If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.’
- “I have great feelings of compassion and helping people.”
- “I’m smart, very smart.”
- “We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with the winning.”
Who wouldn’t want a man like this for president? Sounds like a godsend, for chrissake!
Of course, all those wonderful things about Donald Trump were said by, well, Donald Trump.
But as Trump supporters know, their man means what he says and says what he means. Billionaires don’t need to lie.
Why can’t Republican elites accept Trump and rally behind him? Why can’t they trust the good judgment of their voters?
Oh, and Donald Trump is a winner. He said so.
Photo | slate.com